Message from Granny (Dr. Khan) R2D2:
AAFP American Academy of Family Physicians recently posted some scary statistics about the most common diseases.
- Obesity is a serious health concern due to cardiometabolic consequences
- 1 out of 2 adults suffers from depression. But why? We read the Quran and Hadith all the time. Do we fully understand what we are reading though? Do we apply the ayahs (verse) of the Quran in life?
There are verses in the Quran for healing as Allah (SWT) said:
وَنُنَزِّلُ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ مَا هُوَ شِفَاءٌ وَرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلَا يَزِيدُ الظَّالِمِينَ إِلَّا خَسَارًا
Wanunazzilu mina alqur-ani ma huwa shifaon warahmatun lilmu/mineena wala yazeedu alththalimeena illa khasaran
“And we send down of the Quran that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss.” (Quran 17: 82)
How to apply the ayahs of the Quran in your life?
- Read it word by word
- Ponder over the meaning when in doubt
- Ask a reliable source like an Imam of masjid
- Have a network of pious friends in addition to family support
- Get involved in your community
- Participate in activities around the Masjid
- Clean areas around your Masjid and house
We represent our Prophet Muhammad’s teachings
We always hear from khutbat Al Jumma that cleanliness is ½ our faith. We may apply this to our house, but what about Allah's house? That should be a priority as well.
Let’s all try to walk our talk and pledge to pick up any pieces of trash we see around Allah’s house.
Allah remembers you, when you remember Him
فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِي وَلَا تَكْفُرُونِ
Faothkuroonee athkurkum waoshkuroo lee wala takfuroon
So remember Me, I will remember you and be grateful to Me and (do) not (be) ungrateful to Me. (Surat Al Baqarah 2, Ayah 152)
Ask Allah (SWT) While in Sujud
Ask Allah (SWT) in sajda with full conviction and you will see the healing.
Allah (SWT) healed my medical condition. I asked Allah (SWT) to take away the need for elective surgery and my dua was heard, Alhamduillah. Remember, Allah (SWT) can do anything. In return, we as a family of five went to mecca for Umrah. We made it a family vacation. Yes, we could have gone to Disney, which is fun. However, there is nothing like climbing the mountains of Mecca, like Jabal Al Nour. Or driving through the scenic mountains of Taif, which was amazing and exhilarating.
Allah (SWT) loves you
Allah (SWT) cares about you
Allah (SWT) is waiting...
But prostrate and draw near (to Allah). (Surat Al Alaq 96, Ayah 19)
When you are in sajda you are closest to Allah.