The stay at home order has taken effect. We are now legally required to stay home and can only go out under certain circumstances.
Here are 25 things you can do to keep your sanity and your children's sanity in place.
1. Read half a page of Quran a day. It's not that difficult, but sitting down to do this every day requires some discipline. Remember, you spend more time browsing your phone each day than you would reading that half a page.
2. Take a walk. Walking is still safe to do as long as you keep your distance from other walkers.
3. Deep clean or declutter one area of your house each day.
4. Play chess together. Don't know how? Well, there is no better time than now to learn.
<--- This is a really cheap ($5.99) starter set on Amazon that you can have delivered within a few days with Prime.
5. Bake, cook, and bake some more. It's okay if you burn a few things, just keep trying. The kids can help you measure ingredients, stir, and pour things in.
6. Learn something new about each of your kids daily. It can be as simple as their favorite color or favorite game.
7. Jump in a puddle with your kids.
8. Dig for some worms. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it definitely keeps kids entertained for quite some time.
9. Make a personalized pizza pie for each kid from scratch. Have the kids help so they can feel like they're chefs.
10. Try a new recipe together with your kids. We did the oven pan pancakes and they were a HUGE hit. Get a little fancy and do different flavors. You will never make pancakes the same way again.
11. Hide a toy and let the kids go on a hunt for it.
12. Rearrange your furniture. That brings on instant happiness for a few days.
13. Organize and declutter your mail.
14. Do some extra Salat. You have all the time right now. Do all the sunnah salat and some nawafal too.